Monday, October 24, 2011

Fabulous Florida Writer's Association Conference

Three days of sharing from excellent presenters, new and old colleagues sitting together at round tables, and gracious ambiance at the Lake Mary, FL Marriott. I loved it all.

When asked about my book in progress I gave my elevator speech, "Ever feel like running away to an island? I did it. The nine years I spent in Grand Cayman changed my life. I found a new part of myself."

The response was wonderful. Especially from women who are so busy trying to be everything to everybody, wife, partner, mother, daughter, chauffeur, career woman and mentor, to name a few. "Hurry and finish your book," most said. I can't wait to read it.


2 comments:

jan said...

checking to see if there is a problem leaving a comment, as one reader stated.

Anonymous said...

Every women dreams of escaping. We can live vicariously with your book.